Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Email from August 12, 2014

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Everything is still going great here in the CCM.  There were several moments throughout this week that I have seen God bless my life and I am just so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be here on this earth at this special time serving a mission for the Lord.  My testimony of this church grows more and more each day that I am here.  As I teach the doctrines of this gospel I just come to know even more for myself that these things are true! As I teach "investigators" here in the CCM, even though the lessons are all in Spanish and it is difficult to communicate, I can still feel the Spirit with us helping us to direct the lesson to the individual needs of the investigator.  I have come to know that the message that we are going out to teach is one of love and it is beautiful and will bring the people of Chile so much happiness in their lives if they are willing to accept it!  I didn't think my testimony could grow much stronger than it already was but it is growing to the point that I feel like it can't fit inside of me anymore and it just needs to come out and that's why I need to share it with others.

I absolutely love my companion! She is amazing! Her name is Hermana Snyder and she is so much fun!  Sometimes she gets bursts of energy and just has to dance around to try to get her energy out no matter where we are! Haha! We work really well together!  :)  We were having a little difficulty with planning our lessons for our investigators and getting a little frustrated with ourselves and with our Spanish then we had a lesson in class from our teacher Hermano Martinez (Carlos, our first investigator) and he helped us to understand how to plan for our lessons and how to prepare them more efficiently and that really helped us in our lesson planning and it strengthened our companionship!  Every night we say our prayers together in Spanish then we give each other a hug goodnight because that's what she always did at home (the hugging after the prayer, not the Spanish (: ) so we're continuing her tradition.  I enjoy it :)  Our other roommates are Hermana Peterson and Hermana Hash and they are hilarious!! I absolutely love them! They are always so much fun to be around and always singing!  We were making up a song together about going on a mission to the tune of "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman."  It was pretty great!  Our zone is singing in the devotional tonight in front of all of the missionaries in the CCM and the song is beautiful but we only practiced it once, didn't even go over parts, and my companion and I are two of 4 altos in the choir and I don't even sing alto! But I'm sure that will go great because the song is beautiful.  One of the Elders in our zone arranged it and it is pretty amazing.  We're just gonna have to practice quite a bit before we go up there today :)  So yes, Dad, I am singing lots here in the CCM so hopefully I will be able to gain that talent out here on the mission :)

One thing that is hilarious about the comador (the cafeteria) is that there seem to be lots of things that like to explode all over us!  Here are a few examples that I can think of right now... The Ranch: there are huge containers of ranch that always seem to be almost out and when you try to get the ranch you better stand back because they are always ready to explode everywhere.... The Milk:  The milk comes out of these huge dispensers that keep it could and it comes out really fast so when I went to fill my cereal bowl with milk it kinda splashed out of my bowl onto the hermana who was standing next to me... haha! I felt so bad but it was so funny!!... The Butter:  I was playing with a packet of butter when we were about to leave to go to class one day and I guess I squeezed it a little too hard and it exploded all over me!! Thank goodness I had my tide-to-go on me or else I don't think it would have come out of my white shirt... it also helped with the potatoes that I found on my elbow after we got in to class.... soo pretty much I am just a complete mess but it makes for some pretty great laughs :) my companion and I cannot help but dye laughing at these things because there's really nothing else you can do :) 

Mom! We saw the same huge moon on Sunday!! It was absolutely beautiful!  We all just thought it was a weird Mexico thing but it was gorgeous because it was right on top of the hill (which the hills here are absolutely beautiful... I wish I could capture how gorgeous it is with my camera but I can't...).  So yes, we saw the same moon as you that night :)  

We had hamburgers and curly fries the other day for lunch!! Oh my goodness it was the most amazing thing we have ever tasted!!  (Okay maybe not but I didn't realize how much I missed french fries!) Even though the food really is great here it was wonderful because the hamburgers and curly fries made it feel like home :)  I actually ended up getting sick this week.  There is some virus going around that gives flu symptoms.  It's worse for some than others.  It wasn't too bad for me.  I was mostly just really tired and my stomach hurt really bad so it was hard to get around to all of our classes without falling asleep but then I asked the Elders in my district to give me a blessing and it was only the second blessing they had ever given and it was absolutely beautiful!  They blessed me not only that I would get well quickly but they told me that my Heavenly Father is aware of me and proud of me and that my sickness was not a punishment from God but that it was a result of my righteous decision in the pre-mortal world to come to this earth and receive a body.  He said that although we will receive many trials in this life, God is always there for me and looking out for me.  He also said that they love me in the zone and that they are thankful for all of the things that I bring to them.  It was amazing because before the blessing I was feeling pretty awful and I could tell that I had a pretty high temperature then after the blessing we went over to the infirmary and he took my temperature and told me that it was normal and that I didn't have the virus!  Then after about an hour or so I had so much energy and I felt so great that I didn't even know what to do with myself!!  I want you all to know that I know that the power of the priesthood and priesthood blessings are real and I am so thankful for having them in my life.  They have blessed me time after time and each time my testimony of them grow.  Speaking of that, mom, my foot is completely fine!  I also believe that that is due to the power of the priesthood! :)  

I love you all so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment