Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 73

Hello Friends and Family!!

We had an awesome week!! :) First of all... We have been practicing our Spanish, English, and Portuguese! I can now successfully have a very broken conversation with my companion in Portuguese! Whoo! haha It's really close to Spanish so it's not all that hard to learn, but the pronunciation is complicated...  And we speak in English a lot now because Hermana Medeiros is learning soooo my English is coming back little by little but I feel confused in Spanish! Sooo we're going to speak English even more and I have to learn how to separate them in my mind before I get home so that I don't forget it!! I'm getting better every day :) haha

We had lots of activities for Christmas with our branch this week, which was awesome becuase we are finding new people to teach in every activity!! :) The craziest thing that happened in our activity on Saturday was that we were running around quite a bit because we have so much to do and after the activity, we were already leaving when we saw a member standing there and I felt like he wanted to talk to us.  So, even though we were running out the door and really did NOT have time, we stopped and asked him if there was something that we could do for him.  He responded saying that it's fine if we needed to go but that here was a woman inside that wanted to get baptized.  He told us that she would be getting married in January and wanted to get baptized right after she gets married!! We could NOT believe what we were hearing!! We had been working sooo hard every-day trying to find the people that God has prepared to receive this gospel and, in this moment when we least expected it, God blessed us with the chance to meet someone who is REALLY prepared! :) We have an appointment with her on Wednesday so I'll let you know how it goes next week :) Or in SKYPE on Thursday! :)

Our focus this week was on helping out investigators come to church with us on Sunday and yesterday, we were running again with meetings and things that we had to do and didn't even have time to pass by our investigators' houses to help them get to church.  Well, we got into our first meeting after all of the things that we had to do in the morning, almost sure that our investigators weren't going to show up... and we saw that one of our investigators, Mauricio, was already there! Then, after a little while, we saw that there was another sitting in the back and another, Mirium...who wants to get baptized, sitting by her boyfriend! So there were already 3 investigators just sitting there waiting for the meeting to start! You cannot imagine our surprise! :) Then, Hermana Medeiros and I sang after the sacrament a Christmas hymn in Spanish, Portuguese and English and while we were singing, we watched another one of our investigators walk in!! :D We were sooo happy to see all of them there!! :) Soo pretty much, even though we worked REALLY hard this week and walked A LOT.... but really... A LOT... we saw the blessings and we are still seeing them!! :)

I love this gospel and I know that it is true and that it can bless each and every one of our lives!!

I love you guys!! I'll see you on Thursday! :DD

Hermana Harvey

So when we were leaving a group activity, we saw our sister-leaders walking and I was like... whoa... that's what we look like to other people... I have to take a picture!

An adorable family of investigators that came to our branch Relief Society activity!! :) I love this family so much!  This is Elizabeth, our investigator that we are teaching how to read.

Okay... Just look at this bug that I found in our house! I could not believe how weird it was! And it just sad there on this folder and let me take pictures of it! My companion thought I was crazy buuut I love taking pictures of weird little things like that... :P

1 comment:

  1. Love that happy enthusiastic smile but not so much the bug!! Merry Christmas! Love ya, Sister G

    ReplyDelete