Monday, November 10, 2014

My first baptisms!

Hola Familia y Amigos!
      This week has definitely been a roller coaster of emotions but more than anything, I have learned this week that the Lord is always part of this work.  I had great faith in this fact before but now it is even more obvious.  At times it may feel as though there is no possible way to do all the things that the Lord requires of us but I find comfort in the scriptures in knowing that "the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the things which he hath given them."  This is so true.  There are Many times in life that we just feel as if the Lord has given us too much.  That we have received just too hard of a task and that it is just simply impossible.  I have felt that way multiple times this week but as I have read in the holy scriptures and turned to my Heavenly Father in prayer, I have found that he can strengthen us in those moments that we do not think that we can continue and if we are focused on the joyous moments that we can bring into the lives of others and the way that we can be of help to those who are in need, he will lift us up and give us strength beyond that which is possible for any human being.  The Lord is with us at all times and in all things and this gives me the motivation that I need to make sure that I am with him, that I am working on His side, at all times and in all things. Having the opportunity to be a part of this work in bringing others to the knowledge of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ is a huge blessing and although it may be hard at times, I am receiving many more blessings than difficulties.
     We had intercambios (I think the word is exchanges in English...) this week and I had the opportunity to stay in our sector and guide the way to all of our appointments and lead the discussions and más que nada take the lead.  And if you know me, you know that I am AWFUL with directions and get lost at the drop of a hat so this was quite a challenge for me.  Just have to say that this was another way that my faith was strengthened in the fact that the Lord helps us in every moment of this work because we never got lost! I was able to guide us through our sector and lead the discussions and everything! And we had no problems!  It was amazing! And I also had the practically perfect example of Hermana McNeil who is one of our hermana leaders for our zone.   She is pretty much the perfect missionary and I was strengthened so much by her example!  I learned how to have much better contacts in the streets and how to make sure that each and every person that I talk to understands the purpose of why we are here and the joy that we can bring into their lives.  It was so great!  I want to be an example to each and every one of my companions in the way that Hermana McNeil was to me! 
      Javi and Coni were baptized yesterday!  After lots of things going wrong and the chance to work very closely with our ward (which was a true miracle!) and talk more to their parents, we were blessed to be part of this amazing moment in their lives to make this covenant with God!  It was so great! And Dad will be happy to hear that I have been practicing singing and us four hermanas in the ward performed a special musical number in the baptism. ;) This is the beginning of an amazing new life for these girls!!
      I love you all so much!!!!
--Hermana Harvey


We made books for the girls to record special events in their lives in relation with their new lives in the gospel! We have moments such as their baptism all the way to their sealing in the temple with their husbands! ;) So exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment