Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 77- (11 more days and 1 more email to go!)

Hello Friends and Family, 

It's been a pretty crazy week. We've met some pretty awesome people while we talk to everyone that we can possibly talk to in the street.  One of these people is named Elías.  He's 23 and is REALLY interested in our message!! He has a bunch of great questions and is really willing to follow the answers that he receives from God! I am so excited to teach him more!! We're going back to visit him tomorrow and he said that he would read and pray about the Book of Mormon before we come! :D

So we went with a member named Hermana Jovita to try to find the house of an appointment that was set up by other missionaries for us to go to and we figured out that the address that they gave us didn't exist. The street they gave us was a cool camping site that didn't have any houses on it... just people with their tents :) haha  So Hermana Jovita decided to kidnap us and take us on a quick road trip haha it was pretty hilarious.  She stopped and made us get out to take pictures and to try these wild berries that she loves that are called maquis.  Apparently they paint your mouth a deep purple color haha we went to our next appointments with our mouths practically black! :)  I put a few little branches of berries in my backpack to save for later.

When we got home, I reached into my backpack to pull out my scriptures and realized that I ALMOST touched a spider that was just chillin' there inside.  Then it started running away and I realized that it was probably one of those Rincón spiders that everyone talks about being super poisonous so I freaked out and threw my backpack and Hermana Medeiros told me afterwards that I had yelled something in English that she didn't understand, (I think it was Oh my gosh!) haha I was too worried about my life that was at stake to think about what language I was speaking.  I just went and grabbed two tins of poison and sprayed that little thing until it stopped moving. Freaky!

We went to Frutillar Bajo today and I think we will be going to Saltos de Petrohue next week :) so that will be fun! I love you guys so much! I hope you have a great week!

Hermana Harvey
 Maqui tongues!! :) My companion and Hermana Jovita.


My name tag in Frutillar Bajo :)

Hermana Medeiros and I in Frutillar Bajo


1 comment:

  1. Have loved your letters and can't wait to hear your report in Sacrament meeting - and you can tell us what you accomplished in our last 11 days. What miracles did you see? What did you learn? What was the best part of those 11 days? What was the hardest? See you soon - Love ya, Sister G

    ReplyDelete