Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 50

Hello Friends and Family!

It has been pretty difficult for me to adjust to a new area, new companion, new ward, new house (which is FREEZING cold because we only have an electric heater in our room and that’s it), new people, new language (my companion is from Guatemala and apparently the Spanish in Guatemala is a lot different from Chilean Spanish) but I know that it is all part of God’s plan for me! I have been called of God to serve in this area in this time and God doesn´t make mistakes :) So that just means that I have to find my purpose here.  

My companion has been having problems with her back and also has a weird rash that is spreading all over her body soooo we have been spending lots of time in the doctor’s office... Which is SUPER fun... I get to sit there and listen while the doctors gets mad at us because we walk all day and they say that she will never get better if she doesn`t stop walking... Now... that is probably very true... But Hermana Sarceño has already taken lots of days to rest and the pain just came back... so there is obviously something else that is wrong there...  I walk the same amount as her and also carry her things in my backpack so she doesn’t put weight on her back and I’m fine... It’s just a little frustrating because every time we go to the doctor, the doctors search the symptoms that she has on google and Then tell us what is wrong with her... hmmmm... that’s a little sketchy, no?  So we’re working through that process :P The good thing is that all of the people are really friendly and we’re making lots of friends in the doctor’s office! :D haha

This week, God blessed us with a HUGE miracle!  One of the families that live in our sector has been sharing the gospel with their neighbors Elena, Fernando, and their son Chrístofer (we’re going to call them the Reyes family for now until I learn what their last name is) who were listening to the missionary lessons before but kinda just lost interest and didn’t have time to continue learning.  Well, this week this family invited them to a Ward Family Home Evening that we had and THEY CAME!! THEN... The Reyes family told us that they wanted us to pass by their house to teach them more and that they would be in church the next day! And guess what!! They showed up!! So we sat by them during church and got to know them better and in the end, they said that they had to leave early this Sunday but would stay all three hours next week!! :D WOW!! So we set up an appointment to visit them this Wednesday and got their number to call them just in case and gave them the Book of Mormon, explained to them a little bit about what it was and assigned them the introduction to read before we come on Wednesday!!! AHH!! We are so excited!! They are so prepared to receive the gospel!! I’ll let you know how it goes!!

I love you guys!! Take care!!

Hermana Harvey

On the bridge here in Valdivia, the people put these locks with engravings on them! They were pretty cool.

Uach!!

My comanion "UACH!!!" I kept saying "Watch! Watch!" And she didn't have any idea what I was saying. She doesn't speak English... I thought it was funny.
So I got really close to one of the sea lions and it kinda... I don't know how to explain it... growled at me and started to Charge!! So I got scared and yelled "Chuuuta!" and ran over to my campanion. Only after all of this did we see this sign that in English says "Sea Lions. Biting Animals. Keep your distance."  Haha I almost got killed by a sea lion! Whoo!


 Me by the sea lion.
Me getting closer to the sea lion right before I almost died.
More sea lions.

2 comments:

  1. NUNCA MÁS QUIERO VERLA TAN CERCA DE ESOS ANIMALES,SON MUY PELIGROSOS,MIRELOS DE LEJOS NO MÁS. UN GRAN ABRAZO HERMANITA HARVEY,LA QUEREMOS MUCHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun adventures - and challenges - you are having! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger so you will be one strong lady when you finish! The area is beautiful and you look really good. When we were in Armenia, the only heat we had was an electric heater. We moved it from room to room - when we ate it went with us into the kitchen. When we were in the office it stayed with us in there, and when we went to bed, we took it in a few minutes early so it was warm enough in the bedroom to take off our layers of clothes and put on pjs and jump into bed. Makes for fun memories - even if it isn't super fun at the time. Although we had one advantage over you - we could snuggle in bed and keep each other warm. :) Hope you have some nice warm blankets! Love ya, Sister G

    ReplyDelete